Video Transcript: "Hello! Welcome! I’m so excited you’re here. My name is Moji. My pronouns are she/her. I’m the founder of Blue Daisi. The main goal of the work I do is to offer accessible support to businesses that want to grow their sustainability practices. I believe the ideal of sustainability goes beyond your average “green” practices and we can’t always wait on the people with decision making power to start these conversations. True sustainability requires a culture shift.
By the end of this course, I want you to have several new tools to help you create a culture of sustainability in your workplace and communities. You will build your own custom roadmap to zero waste. My hope is that no two roadmaps are the same. This course is meant to serve as a strong framework to be built upon while being flexible enough to be adapted to your unique circumstances.
Within this course, there are five modules:
- Getting Started - where you will discover how to work through limiting beliefs, see the bigger picture of society and sustainability, and start to overcome the obstacles that are preventing your progress in your journey towards zero waste
- Myths, Misconceptions, and Mistakes - where we will investigate common pitfalls and historical practices, so you can gain inspiration and focus on moving forward
- The Circular Economy - in this module, we will explore circularity to understand the connections between people and planet, so you can more deeply understand the implications of your actions and expand your positive impact
- Your Zero Waste Roadmap - we will apply all your learnings to create a zero-waste roadmap, so you can define steps, gain confidence, and take action without feeling overwhelmed
- Where Do You Go From Here? - we’ll end this part of your journey by exploring best practices to maintain momentum, so you can make the most of your potential.
Each of the modules includes:
- Guest experts on topics including somatics, storytelling, negotiation, anti-racism, and brand strategy
- Activities to help you put your learnings into practice
- And supplemental resources to further explore these topics
Since this course is designed to be a multidisciplinary and multimedia learning experience including video modules, text transcripts, music playlists, downloadable worksheets, and more, we want to make sure each of these components is as accessible as possible to accommodate both needs and preferences. If you find any part of this course to be inaccessible, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to provide a solution.
Throughout this course, I will offer prompts to share your thoughts in the comments section at the bottom of the page. You can also ask me or the other course participants questions there.
You are also invited to continue to find community with others who are taking this course at the monthly virtual community gatherings that are open to all (even if you’re not taking this course) to support and learn from each other. The upcoming dates are listed below and I hope to see you there.
Upcoming Community Gatherings
⭐ Thursday 2/24 (Instagram Live)
⭐ Thursday 3/24 (Zoom)
⭐ Thursday 4/28 (Zoom)
Finally, I’ve created a playlist inspired by the themes in this course that you can find below. Feel free to use it however you see fit.
Again, I’m so excited you’re here and open to the path that emerges from this course. Let’s get started!"